Last Updated on September 8, 2019
Coming Soon Layout – Background Hero Slider with Bloom
I had a visitor request that I tweak a previous layout I posted to have a slider in the background, so I made it, and then thought it might work well as a coming soon page. You can invite people to sign up and then you can email them when you launch.
Install the layout
- Start a new page > enable the Divi builder > click on the 2 arrows in the upper right and upload the Coming Soon Layout.json file from the UNZIPPED file you downloaded.
Install the Bloom optin
- Go to Bloom > Optins > look for the 2 arrows and click > import the Bloom .json file in your folder and upload. Don’t forget to set up your email service and activate the optin.
- The CSS can go in your Divi options panel, child stylesheet, or page CSS panel.
- As this is a coming soon page you should select “blank page” under Page Attributes on the right so your header and footer don’t show.
- In my customizer settings I’ve made my headings bigger site-wide so your headings in section 2 and 3 may not quite match up. In the customizer go to general > typography > change the header text size to 40 (this is totally optional)
- You’ll need to know how to change the url path of an image for small screen sizes (see pic below) and have some CSS knowledge if you want to change how Bloom looks (all Bloom CSS is inside the optin).